7.20.2009

Brimfield~

Just wanted to share a few pictures of the Brimfield goodness that I enjoyed with the Hubby on Friday afternoon.

I am so in love with Banjo clocks. I really wish I could have taken this pretty little thing home with me. (Okay, it wasn't so little, but it was pretty!)




I loved this little vignette...chippy-rusty-metal-architectural-thingy on an old weathered table with a robin's egg blue hoosier behind, and a reproduction bust.


I'm a sap for mirrors. This gilded beauty caught my eye.


Mmmmmmmmmm. Old linens and a fun new french-inspired pillow. Love. them.


What I loved here were the altered books. The vendor had taken old books and recovered them in lovely papers. So pretty on a shelf. And if you peek behind the bookshelf, you see the one treasure I would have loved to bring home (it was a little too $$$ for my blood - AND - I can't believe I didn't actually take a photo of it, hello?) an antique mercantile wrapping station complete with a roll of twine on the top and two rolls of brown Kraft paper. sigh.



I thought these sconces were adorable.




The hubby snapped this last pic. I don't think the old VW Bug was really for sale....but it is almost identical to my first car (which was almost as old and rusted as this one when I received it from my older brother - one of his fix-up projects. Surprised my parents let me drive it...it barely ran.) I include this photo purely for my own nostalgic purposes. Ha!


Hope you enjoyed this little tour of Brimfield! I had a great time! So much to look at...so many ideas in my little old head now.
Have a great Monday~

21 comments:

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

Looks like a wonderful place.
Thanks for sharing.
*Tricia

Jo said...

I love going to Brimfield. My husband and I were there in May. I came home with a few goodies but didn't find the tallboy I was looking for ~ maybe in the fall.

Jo

Barb said...

I really enjoyed your pictures.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

blessings,
Barbara Jean

AndreaW123 said...

I am still dreaming of that Banjo clock....beatiful!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I love that mirror! I am wishing we had somewhere like that in Denver to go and be inspired!
Carrie

Morning T said...

Wonderful eye candy....love it!

Avian | nestparty.com said...

so jealous! I blogged about wanting to go on my blog just a few days ago... but, alas, I live in Florida. Great pics!! Looks like a lot of fun!!

http://www.nestparty.com

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love the clock - lovely to dream.

LuLu said...

That is my kind of place... oh the pictures of all the wonderful items had me hooked! so glad you had a getaway day with your hubby and I love the yellow car! too cute,
thank you for the wonderful support on the launch of my dream.
LuLu

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Thanks for the tour! :) I'd have loved to see the wrapping station. :) The altered books were lovely, and I love the pillows and linens!

Elyse said...

hi wendy,

i went to brimfield yesterday and have already posted about it 2x (LOL) -- what i saw and what i bought. very fun.

i love banjo clocks, too and also had an old VW bug! it had a hole in the floor (aka the flintstone mobile) and needed to be jump-started almost always but i loved it.

come see my brimfield pics!

xo

Holly said...

I would love to go with you on one of those window shopping expeditions!! Those pictures made my mouth water. :) You and I have such similar tastes.

Laura said...

Looks like you had a nice time in Brimfield! The local toy store here (where I worked summers during college) has one of those mercantile wrapping stations. Something I took for granted when I was younger but truly appreciate now. And those sconces are absolutely amazing!

Susan S. said...

I've never been to Brimfield and it looks like a wonderful place! Love the clock and I didn't know they were called banjo clocks. :)
Thanks for the tour.

melissa said...

I loved coming along through your pics~it looks like a perfect afternoon :) I love brown paper tied up with strings too....wasn't there a song about that somewhere?? :) Hope your getting hundreds of offers on your home~e

Kimm at Reinvented said...

Wow, very cool stuff. Did you buy anything?

Reese & Marie said...

Wow, how sweet that your hubs went with you! Every single picture is amazing. I would have had to peel myself out of every booth not to buy everything in sight.. how did you resist?

Gretchen said...

I dream of going to Brimfield someday. At least I can live it vicariously through you.

Gretchen
birdnestcottage.typepad.com

Kasey said...

I've been NEEDING a clock like that!

Vintage Modern Girl said...

these pictures are amazing! i would love to go there!

Carol Ann said...

My first car was a blue 66 VW...good memories...it would drive through the most snow ever!
A few years later my second car was just like the one in the picture... a 71 VW called Bosley he was not a lemon but a lime...lol... 3 times it was hit and run in my neighbourhood...twice little bumps and the third time a fender crusher...even the cops were shocked! But he still ran like a trouper for years (sold him with a new fender in the back seat, we never got it put on)
Thanks for the great memories that sweet picture gave me...thanks for sharing, have a great rest of the week...Regards, CAM