1.07.2013

2013 Word of the Year~

Growing up, my mother always had little sayings that she would share with us.  Words for us to live by, if you will.  And as I grew, I did adopt many of them.  One of my favorite sayings that I learned from my mother is "Bloom Where You Are Planted".

2012 was a year with its own set of challenges.  I'll be honest, it was quite a difficult year for me.  But through the challenges, I was impressed with a very important fact.  Although we can't choose what happens to us, we are 100% in control of how we react to it.  Our circumstances are not always within our control, but our attitudes are. 

So this year, I have chosen the word BLOOM as my 2013 word of the year.  


More after the jump...


I have decided that this year I am going to choose to be positive.  I am going to choose to be happy.  I am going to proactive in creating an atmosphere of joy and contentment in my home.  I want my children to grow up being grateful for their blessings. 

This year I want to celebrate the many wonderful, small moments that happen on a daily basis.  I want to make myself continually aware of the beauties of my life.  This year I want to bloom.



If you are interested, here are the links to my previous "word of the year" posts for 2009, 2011, and 2012.


Linking:
The Lettered Cottage


Have a great day~

8 comments:

Rachel O. said...

That's such a perfect word. And so great that you do this every year! It's such a wonderful idea.

MaryAnn Millington said...

Wendy,

I am going to join you in being more positive in 2012. Your word rang very true for me.

Thanks

MaryAnn Millington said...

Sorry 2013, still writing 2012 on my checks. Hopefully its before June that I get it right. Have a great positive day Wendy.

Piper said...

Love your word! If we would always remember to "bloom" right where we are. I so need to do that at my job!!
My 2013 word is JOY!
And JOY is a positive word and I def need to focus on the Lord and not on things out of my control.
Thanks for sharing!

Ange said...

Such a great word, of course I like that word a lot myself for the very same reasons but really love you sharing your heart and dreams! Here's to you having a 2013 where you BLOOM!

kimsrandomlife said...

The word bloom as a noun brings to mind something of beauty that stimulates the senses of sight and possibly smell.

The word bloom used as a verb brings to mind a birthing process. This is a year of transition for me, so I choose your word in action form. Thanks for sharing your word of the year and bringing me some perspective!

Cynthia said...

I love this post, it is very inspirational.


Cynthia

Melissa Clark said...

I love the inspiration! Thank you! I will add bloom to mine too!!! Love your blog!!!!